We are open
We thank everyone for understanding and patience and wish to pass on our thanks for the ongoing support through these developing times.
Mandated by the provincial government as well as our professional governing bodies, we have introduced procedural changes for both the clients and therapists. We ask that you read through them and appreciate your understanding that these changes are necessary and for the safety of all.
New procedural requirements for clients attending treatment:
1. Please fill out the online COVID-19 screening form at least 12 hours prior to your appointment. An email regarding your COVID-19 screening intake form will be sent out 36 hours prior to your appointment. If you do not pass the screening form, the therapist cannot provide treatment—regardless of the rationale for treatment—and the appointment will be rescheduled for a later date. Therapists will also be screened daily.
2. Please arrive for—and attend—your appointment alone unless the client is a minor and needs a parent or guardian present. Should you require assistance due to mobility issues, we ask that the person assisting you NOT remain in the waiting area during your treatment, but rather wait in the car and meet you after your treatment.
3. When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in the hallway outside the clinic until your therapist lets you know it is safe to come in. This will limit the number of people in the reception area and allow for physical distancing measures.
4. Please bring in your own mask to wear during your treatment. If you do not have a mask, a disposable mask can be purchased from your therapist for $3. Currently, your therapist is required to wear a medical-grade mask while providing treatments.
5. Upon entering the clinic, as well as after your treatment, please use hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands.
6. Following your treatment, please remain in the treatment room until your therapist asks you to proceed to the reception area for payment and to book your next appointment. This will help limit the number of people in the reception area.
Our therapists are required to use the following procedures for resuming practice.
1. Pre-screen all clients and themselves.
2. Ask the client for consent in order to proceed with the treatment with the understanding that while the therapist has taken measures to minimize risk of viral transmission, the nature of massage therapy and osteopathy renders physical distancing impossible in the treatment room.
3. Properly and thoroughly wash hands and arms up to and including the elbows before and after each treatment.
4. Clean and disinfect all high touch areas, doors, door knobs, light switches, desk, POS machine, computer, keyboard, mouse and kitchen faucet (before and after appointments).
5. Clean and disinfect massage tables, stools and lotion bottles (after each appointment).
Along with meticulous cleaning/disinfecting protocols and PPE use, we have outfitted each treatment room with HEPA filter-UV light air purifiers.
We understand that some of these procedures are different from our normal treatment routines, but we believe that these procedural changes mandated by the Ministry of Health and our governing bodies, are for the safety of all of us. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at (416)832-1587.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We look forward to you soon!
Osteopathy is based on the perfection of Nature’s work. When all parts of the human body are in line we have health. When they are not the effect is disease.
—Andrew Taylor Still, MD, DO